What the crap was I smoking?

I'm not a crafty person. I would love to be and I try. Oh how I try, but it always falls flat. I don't know what in the world possessed me to think that I could make super hero capes for the goody bags to give out at Ethan's birthday. I did find a blog that made it look extremely easy called The Southern Institute. How cute are the ones on the blog?

I've been cutting t-shirts for days. Tonight Josh jumped in and helped me finish cutting. I figured since I'm giving these capes out, and I can't cut a straight line to save my life, I would put a hem on them. I have a sewing machine that I got for Christmas over four years ago that I haven't actually used. Yes I did sign up for sewing classes because I haven't sewn since high school. No we won't talk about when that was.

I bought something called steam-a-seam. Basically all I have to do is iron the seam and it sticks for ever. It is like super glue for clothing. My first attempt was an epic failure. Okay maybe not epic but I'm putting Preston's name on this cape because it is just that awesome.






Okay it is horrible. I'm really impressed how much better the second side turned out.                    

One down and 99 more to do, there is only 24 more to do. 

Comments