Happy Mother's Day or pity party table for one!

This morning when I woke up, I realized that the boys had let me sleep in! That was an awesome Mother's Day surprise. Then, sadness set in because I knew that Josh had the boys make me cards, but I had no idea where they were. I have no idea what Josh was planning for me this morning, and I guess I won't find out. It really sucks that Josh flew out last night.

It sucked getting the boys ready for the day by myself. At one point, I had to call Korri just to vent and have a  pity party and try to get it out of my system before I headed over to my parents’ home.

My parents did try to make the day as nice as they could by getting me flowers and having the boys sign a card and give it to me.

The hardest part of the day was explaining to the boys that Josh was out of town because his grandfather died. I lost count of how many times Ethan asked where his dad was. Then, just before we left my parents’ home, Ethan had a lot of questions about dying. Ethan kept himself awake for the entire car ride and got so excited when he saw his daddy's car in the driveway. It broke my heart to tell him that his daddy still wasn't home yet.

Comments