FInding menu planning help!

So I love Emeals! I have for years, but lately, their app has been glitchy to the point that it isn't saving me the time and money that I'm used to. So I'm looking to see if there is anything new out there that is similar.
I was on Swagbucks website, and they had an offer for 5,000 Swagbucks (converts to $50 PayPal) and $35 off your first order for Gobble.  Since discovering that a couple of us has milk and soy issues meal prep has become challenging. So I created the account and check it out. It also advertises 15 minutes from the fridge to the table!!! What??!! I have tried Hello Fresh and Blue Apron and some of there estimation times were pretty far off so I don't know about that. The part of the ad that caught my eye was that it had something about being able to omit food allergies or sensitivities. Sweet, ever since we found out that Ben has milk and soy issues meal prep has become challenging. So I created the account and check it out.

I was disappointed that you couldn't exclude weekly menu options based on the top seven allergies. They are clearly listed, but there were very few options that did not have milk or soy. Actually,  I had to pick a couple that we listed as optional. I emailed the company, and they said basically that they are listed and that was the best they had right now. For next week I had to select the shrimp that we are having this week. 



So many based on the meal options and the price this isn't going to work for my family, but I'm still excited to try it out. At 150.87 that means these three dinners are costing us 50.29 a meal. 😲 We can eat out for that price. I'm still willing to give it a try and see what happens! I received the first box on 3/20/19.


The box arrived like most of the others. But the items were bagged together, and the recipe was in each bag. The meat was at the bottom right on top of the ice packs that were still frozen. Everything looked really fresh and ready to go. The first night the kids picked to do the  Bistro Salmon with Roasted Potatoes, Asparagus & Bearnaise Sauce. The sauce was already made, and we just had to sit it in hot water to bring it to room temperature. Well, the Bearnaise sauce has milk in it, so that was left off the plates of those with that food issue. The recipe really breaks everything down so if you have absolutely no idea what you are doing in the kitchen it makes it simple. Wholly smokes it was on the table in about 15 minutes. I will have to say that Josh did slice the potatoes while I was getting the salmon ready and putting the sauce in the water. If I had to do it all on my own, it probably would have been close to 20 minutes. Still a really fast and healthy dinner. Side note: since we get a family of four meal pack there are two of the same meals. Which gives us two recipe cards, while we are cooking Josh and I each have our own. Which is nice so that one of us isn't constantly bugging the other one what is next or what do I need to do now. 



Everyone seemed to enjoy the dinner. The kids didn't care for the asparagus, but Josh and I enjoyed it. Everyone loved the potatoes, and only one kid didn't love the salmon but ate it once he added more pepper and some lemon to it.

Night Two
Honey-Harissa Shrimp with Cauliflower & Broccoli Couscous & Lemon-Tahini Dressing

I really hope we like this one because we are going to have it again next week.

The chopping of the veggies are going to take a long time, right?

Well look at this they cut the broccoli and cauliflower so that saves a bunch of time. Once again Josh helped, so we were able to get it on the table in about 15 minutes.
It was really spicy, so next week I'll cut back on the Harissa sauce. Other than that it was really yummy.

Overall, I'm glad that we are trying it. Budget wise I don't see us using this every week. If they do expand their allergy-free options, we would definitely use them for weeks that

Comments