Still on the hunt for a meal plan

UPDATED: Before I canceled my subscription to platejoy.com I had emailed the chef. I got a response on 5/22/2019 at 8am. She suggested that I change my meal preferences and it would allow me to see their familiar flavors menu. She actually edited my preferences for me so that I could see the menu. However, I feel like the website is trying to compete for people that are using things like blue apron vs. eMeals. Which is fine for people that have time to enjoy their meals and the finer things in life, with three boys going in different directions with different extracurricular activities, that isn't what meals look like at my house. Not to mention the added fun of food allergies.  The customer service for PlateJoy has been amazing. Their integration with Fitbit and my digital calendar is really nice.  It is definitely on my list to circle back to.


I'm still trying to figure out how to feed my family each week. The last meal journey was PlateJoy It is a subscription like eMeals provides a menu and you shop.

Some of the supported integrations:

  • Instacart if you prefer not to do your own shopping
  • Fitbit to help track your food
  • Calendar so you can plan what you will eat on what nights, with phone reminders. 


It has you fill out a questionnaire to help pair up the perfect menu for your family. It goes through food allergies or dislikes, how many people, number of nights, do you do leftovers, how long you typically have to cook every night, etc.

This meal plan also includes breakfast, lunch, and snacks, but we didn't actually try any of those. We did try two weeks of dinners. Since that is what I'm used to when using a menu planning service. My husband and I liked the meals.


Image may contain: food

Image may contain: food

My kids did not enjoy the meals. The battle at dinner time was no worth it. On to the next one.....Sigh

Comments