More Training Blues!


So last night about midnight, I heard Ethan scampering around. When I went to investigate I heard him on the toilet doing his thing. I paused so he wouldn't see me. He got off the toilet, wiped, pulled up his underwear and pants, flushed, washed and dried his hands, then returned to bed. At first a wave of joy came over me, then frustration. If he had known that I was their it would have been a completely different.

This morning, my frustration continued because he pooped in his pants. Ugh. I don't know why but when Josh is around Ethan is even worst about using the toilet by himself. Ethan will declare that he needs to use the toilet. He will run around the room a couple of time to find two or three toys to take with him to the restroom. Once he finally gets to the toilet, Ethan will say he needs help. If I go in their I will hold the toys so that he can remove his pants and underwear. Then he will whine that he needs his toys back once he is actually sitting. Yes Ethan prefers to potty sitting down (Did I mention he is lazy?) At this point if he didn't get his pants and underwear off in time. Then I'm locating clean underwear and pants for him. Once Ethan is done, he will come running out of the restroom holding his underwear in one hand and his pants in the other. I will tell him to put his underwear on. Ethan will declare that he doesn't know how to do it. *sigh* I take him back to the bathroom and make sure he wiped. Have him sit on the stool and eventually he will put on his underwear and pants. Then I will make him wash and dry his hands. Once again he will declare that he doesn't know how to do it and that the soap dispenser is empty. Finally he will wash and dry his hands.

Just for most parents night time potty training is the hard part. I just don't know what we are doing wrong. He knows what to do and how to do it, just he want us to do it for him. I'm hopeful that with Ethan going to preschool and seeing the other boys do everything by themselves that he will start being more independent.

Comments