Weekend Update!

Saturday started off by us going to the Dallas Convention Center to pick up Josh's packet for the half marathon that he was running on Sunday. The run had a health and wellness expo going on at the same time. There was a carnival section for the kids. The boys played some games and won medals.

We headed back home and after naps or lack of naps we all played outside it it was time to get ready for dinner with Mark and Jen. Josh wanted to carb up so we headed to Olive Garden. Some how Josh managed to order something that didn't have any pasta! We all gave him a hard time.

Sunday we started very early. Josh had to be downtown Dallas at 7:00 and we were trying to get him to catch the train. We some how missed the train that he needed so I ended up driving him all the way in to town. Then it was off to my parents home to drop off the boys. Then it was back to watch Josh in the half marathon. He ended up finishing almost 30 minutes sooner then his first half marathon. I can't believe that it has been less than a year since he started running.

Then we headed back to my parents home to cook for my parents and pick up the boys. I cooked a whole grain pasta with zucchini, squash, and chicken cooking in extra virgin olive oil and Mrs.Dash garlic and herb flavor. We also had some salad. My dad has lost 30lbs. and is continuing to drop the weight.

After the boys went down for their naps, my mom told me that Ethan might want to tell me about the car in the lake. Apparently on the way to church they saw several heavy duty tow trucks on the side of the road. They just figured a car went off the side of the bridge. They were still there on the way back from church. My mom, grandmother, and I decided to go check out what was going on. It turns out a construction vehicle fell of a barge a month ago and the city decided they wanted it out of the lake. They we pulling it out today. There were no injuries and they were able to retrieve the machine.

(videos coming soon)

Comments