Mothers Day!

I woke up hearing Josh ushering the boys the vehicle. I spent the time lounging around reading The Overachievers: the secret lives of driven kids. I can't seem to put the book down. I didn't want to get involved in anything because I didn't know what Josh had planned for the day. An hour later the boys returned home with flowers and a card. Josh asked if I wanted to go out for breakfast but I declined. I really didn't want to deal with crowds today. He decided to pick up some donuts instead. The boys wanted to draw and color. When Josh came home and everything was quite he asked what did I do with the kids.

We then spent the rest of the morning outside playing baseball, bubbles, and chalk. The boys had lunch outside. Then we promised them if they took a good nap then we would take them swimming.

Josh and I had a romantic afternoon while the boys napped.

Then it was off for some swimming. The pool closed at 5:00 so we had to leave. The boys weren't to happy about leaving. Then we decided to pick up some Casa Ritas and headed home.

After dinner we played some soccer outside, then came in and did some educational stuff. Then it was bed time.

It was really nice to have a day that was so stress free and full of just family.

Comments