At home with no car! I went a little nuts!

This morning the boys didn't want to get up but Preston had speech therapy this morning. I tried to get Ethan to change out of his pajamas and he informed me that he was wanting to sleep longer and needed to stay in his sleeping clothes.

When the speech therapist arrived Ethan wasn't liking that Preston was getting all of the attention. He started to act up, so I gave Ethan some Play-Doh to keep him distracted for a little while. Thank goodness that worked. Preston and the therapist were looking at some books when I came back over to see what they were doing. Then the opened a book that I had read to Preston just a few days ago. There was a dead gecko in the middle of it. I was mortified, I tired to keep my composure as I disposed of the body, I'm debating on tossing the book too.

After the therapist left the boys and I were playing then Ethan started asking for cupcake. I found a recipe for banana and peanut butter chip muffins. That would be perfect because I have a couple of bananas that were just about to turn. I didn't have the peanut butter chips so I just used chocolate chips. The boys were excited to be kitchen helpers. I gave the each a small bowl with marshmallows and chocolate chips to "stir". I know I'm awful to let them think they are helping but really are just filling up on junk.

After making the "cupcakes" I was trying to get pictures of the boys looking at them baking in the oven.  Preston saw my phone and just wanted to play the puzzle game on the phone. Then Ethan joined in wanting to play games on the cellphone. I set a timer and was making them alternate who had the phone. Ethan was so sweet when his time was up and when Preston got upset Ethan calmed him down. Ethan made my heart melt seeing what a great big brother he can be. As a reward I let Ethan play some big boy toys. Ethan asked for the marble races but I also brought down the kids electronics set. Ethan decided to play with the electronics set. One of the experiments was to make a helicopter. Ethan loved pressing the button and making the helicopter fly off. He also liked pushing the button to make the circuit sing. Man where were toys like this when I was a kid?

I know that I'm exposing the  boys to very complicated things at a very young age but at this point it is all about just introducing the boys to different things so when they are older it is just going to be second nature to them. Josh and I both want the boys to know that they can achieve anything they want to. We would love for the boys to be like the cartoon characters Phineas and Ferb from the Disney channel. If you are not familiar with the cartoon. Phineas and Ferb are two step brothers who just want to make each day of summer the best day ever for them and their friends. They end up making crazy contraptions and going on zany adventures because the sky is the limit (in one episode it was the universe) on what they are able to create and do. One of the books Josh and I have read is Outliners by Malcolm Gladwell. He discusses that 10,000 of an activity is the magic number to make someone great at that activity.

I guess I'm very tried and am just rambling. The afternoon I we tried to play in the water outside but it was just to hot!! I have no idea what the high was today but even being soaked it was still uncomfortably hot.
Please let us just sleep!!
I saw this on TV and wanted to try it!

look it is on my nose



I'm building circuits!


Mommy you are making me a NERD!!!


This is a lot of fun!












My swimsuit is trying to run away. Please help!!

Comments