That was a fail. Hopefully we can fix it.

Last night we had a movie night with the boys. Watched "Mars Needs Moms".

The boys were afraid to got to bed because they didn't want me to be mom napped and taken to Mars. I assured them that I would be here in the morning. They seemed to be okay and drifted off to sleep.

When I headed to bed I heard Ethan whimpering in bed.  He was asleep, I picked him up and he woke a little to realize it was me. He hugged me and keep saying that he loved me and he didn't want me to go. I laid him back down and he was calm and back asleep.

In the middle of night Preston came and joined us in bed. For most kids this is a normal activity but with Preston I can count on one hand how many times he has slept in our bed since he was born. Plus the entire night he had to feel me. That doesn't sound right. There were several times I woke up with his hand on my head. If I moved and it came of he would stir and there as the hand on my head again.

In the morning, Ethan didn't want to see the movie.

When it was time for naps Preston freaked out again. I couldn't leave his side till he was out.

The past two days Preston would follow any kid around that was dressed up like Batman. Josh and I decided to get Preston his own superhero costume. Ethan was a little jealous but he go over it when he slipped into his Spider-man costume.

This afternoon we headed to something that hopefully will become part of our Halloween tradition the Plano Symphony for the Spooky Symphony. I had high hopes for the this event. I actually found out about it two years ago but because of poor planning on my part we weren't able to attend. Last year everything with my dad, we just weren't up for it. This year I had the whole thing planned. Just didn't know what to wear. It is the symphony but it is for kids and the kids are encouraged to wear costumes. I ended trying to pull off what I call mommy chic.

It was really neat when we walked in there were several activities for the kids. However they had started seating when we got there so we missed a lot of what was going on. What we did get to do was see a little of the instrument petting zoo. Thank goodness none of the brass or woodwinds had their mouth pieces. The kids got to hold and look at several different types of instruments.

We finally made it to our seat. Preston was scared. I don't know if it was all of the members of the orchestra were in costumes or if he just didn't know what to expect that had him scared. After the first song he had relaxed and started to enjoy himself. Ethan loved it from the second he sat down. They even played his favorite song that he hear on Little Einsteins and has been singing for over a week. 

I don't know if it is a development thing or if it is just an Ethan thing but his mouth is constantly going. At least during the performance he was sitting in my lap and was whispering to me. It just wouldn't stop.

The performance was perfect for kids and I'm really looking forward to going to more of the family symphonies by the Plano Symphony. I had forgotten how much I loved hearing live performances.  Yes we do hear the marching band from the near by high school. Sometimes even on Saturday mornings at 7:00am. Yep that was a cranky morning for me. Anyways it just isn't the same as getting dressed up and going to the symphony. I really hope the kids love going as much as Josh and I do.




Learning how to hold the instrument.

Ethan's turn. Sorry Spider-man Ethan.







Comments