I am alive

I am so sorry about my lack of blogging this week. I've hardly touched a computer all week. Thursday I was excited about working on my knitting and Josh had a free rental from Red Box. He picked up The Help. I was just as sucked into the movie as I was the book.

Friday Josh called during the day to remind me that we are hosting game night on Saturday. Ugh. I had completely forgotten. I hadn't been preparing my house. I had to kick my butt into high gear and start getting things done.

Saturday we spent getting the house picked up and cleaned for our guest. I started cooking at five. I  baked a cake and made quiche. Josh worked on mopping. We figured the boys wouldn't like the quiche and by the time we were going to eat we figured the boys would be starving. Josh pick up a pizza for them while we as out getting ice for the gathering.

It was a really fun evening. We played a couple of games that I had never heard of before and not really sure what the names are. I attempted to decorated my first cake and it looked okay. I didn't take any pictures because I wasn't that happy with the way it turned out.  I guess I need to do some more practicing.


Jen is hiding from the camera.


Cleaning u p afterwords.

The clean up made me feel old because it only took a few minutes. I'm excited that we actually have counter space. Normally the island gets so full of toys and random  papers you can't hardly see it.

Comments