Maybe I should have thought that out a little more.

Yesterday Mark and Jen asked us to joint them at the Irish Festival in Dallas today. Both of us were noncommittal because Josh was going to run twelve miles this morning and sometimes he isn't up for thing that requires movement. Today he said he up for going so we went.

The Irish festival was a new experience for the both of us. On the way there I was telling Josh that growing up I didn't even know that Dallas had an Irish Festival. That is when Josh reminded me that my parents didn't take us to an cultural events unless they happened at a mall. I started to argue but I couldn't come up with one counter example. Fine, Josh you won this round.

When we arrived I realized that none of us had green on. I don't know what I was thinking when I got us dressed. It didn't even cross my mind Irish fest wear green. Oh well we were here and the kids were excited. Of course they had the kid rides set up by the entrance. There was a Batman bounce house that caught the boys eyes. The entire time we were looking at different things, buy stuff, or eating the boys kept asking to go to batman.

Of course on the way to the bounce house I had to harass Ethan a little. I acted like I didn't know what he was talking about or where it was. I thought his head was going to explode when we got there. After the bounce house we were trying to figure out what to do next when Ethan declared that he needed to use the restroom. While we were waiting, Preston declared he needed to use the restroom. Jen agreed to stay behind to let Josh and Ethan know where we went and to watch the strollers and stuff. Off I ran. On the way back, Preston wanted to walk and hold my hand. A dog was headed the in the other direction walked by and turned to sniff Preston since the were the same height. Preston let out a cute little squeal. A couple of people who saw what had happened snickered. After that anytime a dog passed Preston he would squeal. *sigh* I guess we are going to have two performers in the house.


Josh showing the boys how to use their new marshmallow blow gun.

Preston working his magic
Ethan trying it out too.

Checking out some chairs and "shooting" people as they walked by
 After we returned from the Irish festival we let the boys run around because they did spend a lot of time in the strollers. Next thing I noticed it was almost 6:00. Which on most Saturday nights wouldn't have been a big deal but tonight we were hosting game night. Uggh!! And people were going to be arriving in an hour. Some how we managed to pull it all together and were ready once people arrived.

Mark and Jen discussing Marks new dentures.

Kiss me I'm Irish!

Comments