A stormy day!

This morning I woke up about 3:00am to pouring rain, lighting, and hail. At one point there was a lighting flash and I heard the thunder while the flash was still going. Man, that had to be close. I didn't realize how close the lighting was till this morning and I saw one of the tress in our front yard was split in two. That is the closest I've ever been to a lighting strike and hopefully never again. When I went outside to see if there was any other damage; I realized how lucky we were. The tree fell away from the house and didn't land on anything but the sidewalk. Some neighbors lost fences, trees, roofs. and siding. I think every house in the subdivision lost at least one major branch. Starting about 9:00am I was getting people coming to my door giving me bid to remove what it left of my tree. By 1:00pm I was tired of hearing my doorbell ring that I put up a snarky sign. I did put up the sign after I starred getting shady people wanting to take care of my tree. No I'm not going to pay you today for you to come back tomorrow. I'm not that trusting. I couldn't believe that people still left me their contact information and bids.

The boys wanted to know what the trampoline did to get sent to the corner.

I didn't realize till tonight that the tree that is left is cracked in half. We are expecting more storms tonight. I hope if the rest of it falls that it doesn't hurt anything.

Timber!

All he could do was SIT! SIT! SIT! and he didn't like it not one little bit. (Got to love Dr. Seuss)


We were suppose to go to a splash park with the mom's group but the rain just wouldn't stop. The boys were going stir crazy. I was racking my brain for things to do today but I just didn't want to go out in the pouring rain. There were moments that there was a break in the rain but it would start right back up again.

Korri came over to hang out today and celebrate her birthday! And to show off the damage from her car. Not from the storms but from a fire! Her car was parked facing a wooden fence that caught fire. She was able to get the car moved before any serious damage was caused but several plastic pieces to bubble.  I don't have a picture of her driver side mirror, that had the most melting.
Happy Birthday!





I think this picture sums up the day.
Ah, HAIL!!!

Comments