Time for some sports

This morning I was woken up by Ethan. He handed me the Kindle and wanted me to keep reading the story we started last night. I was super excited that Ethan wanted to be read to instead of playing. I hope that means he is going to be a reader later on in life.

I thanked Josh for letting me sleep in and he was confused because it wasn't 8:00am. I had to explain that he was letting me sleep in but Ethan had other plans. Josh already had the Olympics on and his computer on to NBC Olympic website. He had the first couple of hours all planned out. We have discussed what events we want to watch. Mainly, swimming, gymnastics, and beach volleyball. Josh wanted to also watch badminton and fencing. We figured the boys might like tennis and soccer because those are sports they are interested in.

Today we figured out that the coverage times are estimated and if there is another sport that is having an upset that the listed game might not be shown. The first time this happened was we switched to watch men's beach volleyball. We changed slightly early and we caught the tail end of team USA caused an upset and beat the South Korea team in archery. After the men's beach volleyball game the coverage returned to the archery competition. Josh and I were completely sucked in. I kept questioning why are we watching archery? Because it was freaking awesome. Team USA won its first medal of the games. They received the silver and it came down to the last shot. If Italy's last arrow would have been worth nine points then it would have gone into over time, but the arrow landed right on the line and was worth ten point. Italy won by one point. Archery is another sport that we are adding to our must watch list.

The boys were inspired by watching fencing. (like they need a reason to hit each other with swords)
 When Ethan woke up from his nap and came into the living room he asked if the Olympics are still on and did he miss anything. I swear he is a teenage boy trapped in a child's body. Then he grabbed the Kindle again and asked for me to read some more to him. I'm glad that he is loving SuperKid by Christina Barr. Every chapter seems to have some sort of life lesson like listen to your parents and don't start fights.

Then it was time to head to the RoughRiders baseball game. We were glad that the playground was open when we first arrived.  The boys were able to run around and burn off some energy. When brought the boys leap pads because the playground closes when the sun goes down and the game started at 7:00pm. Then about 9:00 Ethan started asking for his blanket and pillow. Then he wanted to go to the van. At 9:30 we decided that it was time to head home. I have no idea who won but it was a fun game.

Mom I'm over sports for the day!

It is hot! why are we out here?
 Just before we left Ethan took my phone and took some pictures for the blog.
Crazy boy!

Hey mom, if you would let me have a Facebook page this would be an awesome profile pic!

Comments