Overall a good day.

We were suppose to go to story time with Santa this morning. The kids just didn't want to leave the house. The boys wanted to do our science project first. Today we discussed that you use science everyday and one of the examples was cooking/ baking. Our experiment was to make chocolate chip cookies. I didn't have any eggs. Finally I was able to get the kids to the door. Then they started asking if they could take everything under the sun with us. Seriously, I just need to pick up eggs, bread, and some sugar. I figured I would just run into Aldi because the have the cheapest prices. Finally Ethan brings a book to the door and asked as sweet as he could. Mommy, may I pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase take a book to read? With his best puppy dog face ever. I couldn't say no. Then Preston wanted to take a book. Okay kids you win. Yes one book each. They were over the moon excited with their books. Entire time they were in the car and until we checked out they were all about their books. Sweet. I'm glad that Josh and I are able to foster a love for books.

Once we got back home, it was time to bake with the kids. Ethan used to help us cook all the time. I don't really remember why he stopped. Preston loves being a kitchen helper. Today they kept wanting to put their hands in everything. Then they wanted to play with the eggs. We did put all of the dry ingredients together. Thank goodness Krypto the Superdog came on and they were over making the cookies because I was starting to get a little twitchy. I decided that I didn't want to dip out a million cookies so I just made chocolate chip bars. When I pulled them out of the oven and tried to dump them out of the pan I missed the cooling rack and made a huge mess. I almost wanted to curl up in the fetal position on the floor and cry till Josh got home but that wouldn't of done anyone any good. I put my big girl panties and salvaged what I could and cleaned up the rest.

Once that was done it was time to start dinner. Seriously, I felt like I lived in the kitchen today. I don't know what kid of bug I had up my butt. I actually pulled out a cookbook to make dinner. Then again we were just having meatloaf but it has been so long since I've actually cooked that I didn't remember how. I guess I really just need to spend more time in the kitchen.

Comments