Things that mess with my head.

The book that I'm reading about homeschooling is really hitting me at my core. When I first started "homeschooling" I didn't really feel like we are homeschooling. The kids call it mommy school. I'm doing "preschool' at home. Which I didn't really felt like it qualified as homeschooling. I'm just getting my kids ready for school. Then I started doing a lot of preschool activities and things with my mom group. The questions started or the comments. How old is he? Shouldn't he be in school? Well my child is at preschool right now (with their noses in the air). Look my oldest is five, but his birthday is eight days after the cut of to start school. He already did preschool. I couldn't find a preschool that cost less than my house payment that would challenge him. 

To be honest I'm actually using a kindergarten curriculum and some days he finds it boring because he knows most of it already. Yes he is learning cursive otherwise I don't think I could get him to practice his penmanship. I don't think he is mature enough to start first grade in the fall. I think he is going to be over prepared for kindergarten. I don't think he is going to be the only one that is over prepared. I have a feeling that most the kids around here are going to be.

Right now I've been teaching Preston a four year old curriculum and will do Kindergarten with him next year. Thankfully he is so little that most people don't bat an eye when they see him. I don't think that next year I'll get the stares, questions, or comments.

In a lot of ways I don't feel like a homeschooling and that is why I haven't joined any groups. Until I started reading this book. Maybe I'm more of a homeschooling parent than I realized. I think it is a little late in the game this school year to join a group. I think next year I'll look for one.

Comments