Why am I doing this?

The kids woke up in a mood. They spent a lot of the morning in time out. They were just so loud. It continued the rest of the day.We had an early lunch and the kids had a nap. I figured after a good nap the afternoon would be calmer. Nope. They just as loud and stubborn. We started class at 9:30am and didn't finish till about 8:30pm. Thank goodness Josh let me have a small break. Once the kids and I were able to have some dinner and cool down a little. We were able to quickly finish up. Ethan was excited about doing Spanish lessons. Finally he was excited about something. He was a little disappointed that we didn't have to watch any of the Muzzy video. He did love getting to play with the finger puppets.

I think that we might need to skip ahead in math. Ethan already knows all of his numbers up past 100. The other day he was bored when we were reviewing the numbers to 18 like the lesson had us. I grabbed the cards that go up to 100. They were all out of order and Ethan was able to identify all of them. I'm going to review the lessons to make sure we don't miss anything but I have a feeling that we are going to quickly catch up and pass where we are suppose to be. I think we are going to do the same with our science lessons too. Seriously we have been doing the five sense for weeks now. Even Preston is getting bored with the curriculum.

Right now I'm reading a book about the road bumps in homeschooling. I don't really feel like we are homeschooling but at the same time I do. We are just doing preschool. Okay I'm really using a kindergarten curriculum for Ethan. That is because when he was in his original preschool, they used a three year old curriculum in the two year old class. We just continued with that trend. I'm sure when he is in school that I'll have him doing work books for the year above where he is.

Comments