Summer camp time!!

I had Ethan signed up for VBS for a couple of weeks now. On Monday evening, I found a super hero camp that was also this week. My mind raced about all the things I can accomplish having four hours to myself for an entire week. Then Murphy's law took over. I should pause and mention that my sister is in town. Monday afternoon the boys and I meet up with my mom and sister to shop. My mom and sister had been already shopping for hours at this point. They had clothing items on hold at two different malls and wanted me to drive them. From four to six it was just clothing pick up. Then we dropped the boys off with Josh and started some serious shopping. We headed to Allen Premium outlets. Thank goodness we took two cars because as soon as we turned into the parking lot my mom's tire went flat. While we waited for roadside assistance to arrive we shopped. Once roadside assistance put the spare on I realized that my mom didn't need to be driving highways at night on a donut. After we got some dinner and thought about the situation the Varners of Frisco had a couple of unexpected overnight guest. Once we hit Walmart for some basic necessities like toothbrushes and I got a shower it was 1:00am.

We had to get back up at 6:00am. To get my mom's car to the tire shop, Ethan to his camp, and Preston to his camp on time it was an early wake up time. One the way to drop Preston off we got a call that my mom's car was ready. Then it was back to the tire shop. When we arrived my mom pointed out that a couple of my tires were low. Thank goodness the boys were at camp because we had to ride in my mom's car and there wouldn't have been enough room for everyone. We ran a couple of errands then it was back to shopping. We only had enough time to go to one store before it was time to head back and pick up my car then my boys. My mom and sister headed back to my parent's home. After the boys were picked up we headed over there too.

We spent the afternoon in the pool. When we were about to leave my grandmother came over. I didn't feel like the boys and I could just leave. We ended up staying two and half hours later than we should have. The boys ended up getting to bed late. Thank goodness the boys were able to sleep in a little bit.

Preston woke up at 6:30am asking if it was time to leave for super hero camp. No we have a little time before we need to get up. I tried to get him to lay back down but he was to excited about camp to sleep. Ethan was a different tale. I had to wake him up at 8:00 and the only way I got him out of bed was asking if he didn't want to go to VBS. As soon as I mentioned VBS he jumped out of bed and ran to the kitchen for breakfast. I'm glad the boys love their camps this week.

Once the boys were at their camps I was off to my parent's home for one last visit with my sister before she heads back home and a pedicure. Then it was time to rush back and pick up the boys. Thank goodness there are so many kids at VBS because I was a few minutes late but there were still plenty of kids to be picked up when I arrived. Added bonus was I didn't have to stand in line for twenty minutes to pick Ethan up. Then we got to Preston's camp and they were in the middle of watching a movie. They actually ran later than expected but that was fine. Once we got home Ethan was dying of hunger (Preston at lunch at camp) and so was I. There wasn't really enough time for the kids to take a nap today before we had to leave for martial arts. I was worried how they were going to be in class. I think they were so tired they were actually calm.

So I've decided my boys have for different stages.
Well rested and feed -- they behave
Off schedule, they are tired and/or hungry -- bad
So tired they are trying to keep themselves awake -- even worst
So tired they have given up the will to live -- they behave.

Really tomorrow is Thursday and I still haven't been able to enjoy the kids being at camp this week and having time to myself. I'm ready for the dog days of summer to start happening. We only have seven weeks before school starts. Yikes!

Comments