2 year old well visit...

The boys were bouncing off the walls at the Dr's office. I was able to get Ethan to calm down by giving him my phone to play the games on it. Preston however wouldn't calm down.

The visit didn't go well in other ways too.

Height: 31 3/4 in  <3%
Weight: 22 lb <3%
Head Circ 18 1/2 10%

Preston is in the failure to thrive category. He has gained a little over a pound and  an inch and 3/4 in the past six months according to my 18 month check up post. The first test the doctor has ordered is for celiac disease, all the symptoms fit, that will require him to have a gluten free diet. At this point we just have to wait and see what the test results are. Right now I'm at the point where I'm beating myself up for not realizing that he was still having issues. The past six months I thought he had been putting on weight and growing. I guess I didn't want to believe that there is something wrong with my baby.

Another concern that we have had is Preston lack of speaking. I told the doctor that I'm the only one who can understand when he is "talking" and most the time I can't make it out. The doctor then asked, "How does he ask for things like juice?" I had Preston say "juice" to the doctor. That is when the doctor told me that he is going to refer him to Early Childhood Intervention (ECI). This wasn't a surprise, my sister-in-law is a speech therapist and she has been showing concern about Preston's speech patterns for a while and has been trying to get to me to contact them anyways.

Comments