Phew it was a busy day

Wow. Is the only thing I can say about today.

I woke up about 3:00 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep till almost 6:30 and that is when Preston woke up. *sigh*

It was nice that we didn't have to run out the door this morning. The boys did a couple of art projects.

One of the art projects I stole the idea from the Sci-Tech discovery center. I took a coffee filter. Cut the filter so it lays flat and looks like a butterfly. Ethan then colored the filter with different markers. After he was done coloring he took a paint brush dipped it in some water and "painted" the water onto the filter. It makes the colors all run together. I used a cone shaped filter because we had bought the wrong size and didn't realize it until after the package was opened. At discovery center they used the round filters and they both worked the same.

I would recommend when you add the water to have a paper towel underneath because it bleeds threw.

Just the paper towel.

Final result.

Then it was off to Ethan's soccer class. It was nice not being there for hours and hours today. Some how Preston managed to throw a tantrum for the entire time we were at the soccer field. Ethan wasn't focused during soccer today. I was just over it when it was time to leave.

Our next stop was at the Dr. Pepper Ballpark. The Frisco Rough Riders were having a pumpkin patch fall festival thingy. My parents and Josh meet us at the ball park.

We all had a great time. Ethan loved picking out a pumpkin. I have a feeling that we are going to have quite the pumpkin collection this year.

Then we came back to our home for some pizza and the boys wanted to continue to play t-ball.

We had the boys lay down but Ethan never actually fell asleep.

Then it was time to get ready for the Mom and son dance. The dance is for kids that are four and up. Preston wasn't able to join us this year. I was actually a  little nervous because I didn't know what to expect. I figured that I don't get a lot of just Ethan time so even if the dance was a bust it would be nice to have some one on one time.

Ethan finally took a nap. *sigh*
We were there about 45 minutes before Ethan was just done. I don't know if he just didn't like the type of music the DJ started playing. When we first arrived they were play 50s music and he couldn't wait to get on the dance floor. Then they started playing top 40 music and that is when he wanted to leave. We also walked near the speakers and that is when he started complaining about how loud it was.

Wanting to keep with the just spending special time with Ethan we stopped for ice cream. Ethan wanted to eat the ice cream at home so he could watch super heroes. *sigh* I see where I rate in his life.

Once we got home, we ate our ice cream then he put on his Spider-man costume that he got for his birthday. Normally Ethan won't wear hats or anything on his head. We didn't have a problem getting him to keep the mask on.

The boys playing with the Tegu blocks.

When it was time to go to bed Ethan didn't want to take off his costume. I did let him got to sleep as spider-man. I have a feeling that once Ethan leaves for school on Monday that Preston is going to want to wear it.