A book signing.

The reason that I had my Ode to Korri yesterday was because she was willing to watch my boys so I could go to Jenny Lawson aka The Bloggess book signing. I felt bad that Korri couldn't go also but that is why she is such an amazing friend.


I warned the people around me in line that I'm a stay at home mom, so I might have verbal diarrhea because this was the first time in a long time that I've been in a group of people without kids. Turns out the lady right behind me is also a stay at home mom and was suffering the same condition so we hit it off. All I can say is that the bloggess fans that I meet tonight all are amazing. I had never been to A Real Bookstore before. It is an independently owned bookstore that has a bar. As I overheard someone exclaim alcohol and books what could be better?? 

At 7:00 Jenny came out and did a book reading then answered several questions from the audience. I was laughing so hard that tears were streaming down my face. I was a hot mess with mascara all over my face. Thank goodness I had some extra napkins in my purse and was able to clean up a little before it was time to line up.

While we were waiting, someone pulled out a taxidermy dog out of her purse to get signed. I think that was the craziest thing that I saw but Jenny was so nice and genuine and I lost count how many times she told Jen and I thank you for coming out. I think I love the bloggess even more now that I meet her.

Dorking it out with the green wristbands! Means we are the first group that gets to into line.

Jenny reading the chapter titled, "The Psychopath on the Other Side of the Bathroom Door"


Jenny excited to sign a small Beyonce,




Knock, Knock MoFo!! My book is signed!

Comments