Whoo hoo, I didn't over schedule the day!

Josh has been begging me to leave the weekends open. I've been working hard on not finding things to do.

The  boys have been asking to do another science experiment. My first but stop was on pinterest.com I just couldn't find anything that I thought would keep the boys as engrossed as the "cloud" experiment. We have picked up several science experiment books so I decided to consult them. I kept seeing white vinegar and baking soda experiments. One of the experiments was to have a cup with some baking soda in it then letting the kids add vinegar. The result is a lot of fizzy bubbles. Another experiment was to have a plastic bottle with vinegar then putting a balloon with baking soda in it over the opening creating an air tight seal. *note: make sure you stretch the balloon out first. When the baking soda reacts with the vinegar it blows the balloon up.

I figured the backyard would be the best place for the experiments. If things got spilled or if the reaction bubbled over the mess wouldn't be that hard to clean up.








 The boys loved the experiment but I thought the bottle of vinegar had more in it than there really was. The boys were sad that we ran out. They had just as much fun using their cups to rinse off the patio.





The experiment didn't last as long as I was hoping but I had a plan "B". The boys made rockets.






Comments