There is a light at the end of the tunnel but I think I hear a train!

Last night Josh teased me with the possibility that he might be able to come home today. I figured that I would spend the day getting the house cleaned up for his arrival. Turns out that he wasn't able to come home today but will be home tomorrow!

The boys and I are very excited that he is going to be home soon. The boys still don't fully understand why Josh isn't home but they have been doing better getting to talk to him a couple of times a day.

 What really got the kids excited, I declared the candy that we had grown were done! I'm pretty pleased with our first attempt. I don't think I made the syrup thick enough. I also realized that I don't have to use as much food coloring, the water just needs a light tint of the color. Some of the colors were so dark the sugar didn't crystallize as well as the lighter colors. 

 Then my mom came over and we went shopping. First, we stopped for lunch and let the boys run around.  Preston was tuckered out and slept most of shopping excursion.
 In one dressing room the boys found some puzzles and they wouldn't leave till every last one was completed.

Comments