A day off

Today I'm kind of taking a day off from my life. After a morning work out it was time for me to get ready and heady out. I was one of the hostess for a friend's baby shower. The shower was beautiful. The mom to be was just glowing.





After the shower and cleaning up it was time to head home.

When I got home nobody was home. I tried to call Josh and the phone rang in the same room I was standing. Seriously??? Talk about phone fail.

I took the time to freshen up and start doing some cleaning up. Then the boys returned. Turns out they left to pick up dinner. Our dinner reservations weren't till 9:30 so Josh and I ate a slice of pizza to tied us over till our real dinner. We also had heard the severing sizes were tiny and people left hungry last year.

I didn't realize that I was actually nervous about our second restaurant week dinner especially after what happened at our first one, apparently so was Jen. Tonight's dinner was at Wolfgang Puck's restaurant five sixty. At the top of Reunion tower in downtown Dallas. I think I was in elementary school the last time I was up in Reunion tower. For us suburbanites it is the ball in the sky.
Via the City of Dallas website.
I figured that even if the dinner was a flop the views would be amazing. I had forgotten that the floor rotates. It was a very strange feeling to be moving but yet still.
Don't we look like a happy couple??

It is hard to take a picture of the view but this is over looking the new Margaret Hunt Hill bridge.

Once we received our appetizers we let out a collective sigh of relief. We ordered a fourth course and side items because my parents went last year and said the portion sizes were small.  

Stir-Fried Shanghai Noodles, Gulf Prawn, Scallion Spicy Black Bean Glaze


“Hong Kong Style” Alaskan King Salmon, Bok Choy, Shiitake, Jasmine Rice
We were pleased with the portion sizes. I actually had a hard time finishing my plate but thank goodness Josh was up for the task. Every course that came out was better than the one before it. I  can not say enough good things about five sixty! It was an amazing food, amazing service, amazing views, and amazing friends.

When we got home it was after midnight. The babysitter that we were trying out for the first time did an amazing job. Then again Preston was already tucked into bed, but she did read Ethan his bedtime story and put him in bed. What amazed us was she picked up all of the kids toys in the family room.

After she left I think the world exploded. Preston came out of his room saying that he needed to go potty. When I picked him up he was already wet. Ugh. I quickly changed out of my dress into pajamas. While I was getting the sheets changed on Preston's bed. Ethan came walking in.

Me: What are you doing awake?

Ethan: I just came to check on you.

Me. I'm fine.

Ethan:Okay.

Me: Get back to bed.

Ethan ran off. Preston kept falling asleep on the floor while I was finishing up. Once I got him in bed he told me that he needed more stuff in his bed. Once he finally had all of his blankets and toys in their proper place on his bed he feel back asleep.

After verifying that Ethan did return to be and went back to sleep. I gathered the dirty laundry. When I walked past Josh he asked what just happened. I explained that there was a zombie apocalypse. Ethan, Preston, and I were able to defeat the zombies with tactical strategies that would have made the Navy Seals jealous. Or that is what I would have explained if it wasn't the middle of the night and I was dog tired. I think in reality I grunted something about headed to bed and hating Josh for his ability to use the restroom without any interruptions.

Comments