I've got a new goal!!

About a month ago I said that I was looking for my cup of awesome sauce. Apparently I found it and Josh gave me an amazing present for being so full of awesome sauce. Now I have set my sights even higher! Domestic Goddess! Right now I'm a domestic mess. I have a long road ahead of me but I think I'm on the right track.

Today my dad had some business in Frisco, my mom tagged along so she could hang out with the kids and me today. I told her that I was going to put her to work. So that I can start decorating for Christmas and prepare for the up coming fundraiser we are hosting.

Completely empty


After the boys woke up from their naps she kept them occupied so I could back some gingerbread men.

I think I'm going to start taking napping pictures every day because the way my boys sleep just cracks me up.

Yep my mom worked so hard today! Just sat around talking on the phone.
Actually my mom did a ton of work today. I just had to harass her a little. It is just how my family rolls.



I read that a cute idea for invitations. Basically hand out gingerbread men with the invite information around their neck. Even put the start of the gingerbread story. Josh injured his leg and wasn't able to do his group run tonight. We still went and handed out the invites.  At the time I didn't think about it, this is what our invites say:

"Run, Run, as fast as you can, you can't catch me I'm the gingerbread man!"

I’m running over to Josh Varner’s home for a gingerbread house decorating party to raise money for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

A family friendly event with dinner, activities and assistance for kids, and help for all levels of decorators. All materials will be provided and if you are not a fan of gingerbread decorate a cake house instead.

To join the fun please go to Josh’s fundraiser page http://pages.teamintraining.org/ntxok/Whiterck11/jvarnerti6 and make a donation $25 for an individual, $40 for a couple, $60 for a family of four. Please specify flavor of cake for your house if you so desire.

The running group got a kick out of the running quote. Honest I am not that clever I totally stole the quote from the website I'm ripping off to put on the party.

What you read is the exact card that is attached to the gingerbread man. Yep we rock because we failed to included the date, time, and our address. Oops, I already said I'm a domestic mess. At least we caught the time and date and I had little tags that I added to the ribbon. I guess after people make the donation we will give them our address. 

I guess everyone reading is now officially invited too.



Also talking about Josh's running group. They area all seriously addicted to my pumpkin bread. At this point I think if he didn't show up Saturday morning with the bread  they would tar and feather him, then hold him hostage till pumpkin bread arrived. I can imaging the ransom phone call. "If you ever want to see Josh again bring bread, NOW!!!!" His group even called him a crack dealer because they are so addicted to the bread.

What you guys really came to see. Where is Fred our Elf on the Shelf.
He is just hanging out. Nothing like a unused picture hanger.

Comments